Spoiler Free Wrestling News Update June 3rd, 2019
Here is your Spoiler Free Wrestling news update for Monday, June 3rd, 2019.
R-Truth Loses Then Regains 24/7 Title Against Jinder Mahal
R-Truth lost and then regained the 24/7 title to Jinder Mahal on a golf course over the weekend.
A fairly notable RAW tonight has the Undertaker scheduled to appear as well as Lesnar cashing in his MITB briefcase.
June 3rd, 2019
FRANK ERWIN CENTER
- Brock Lesnar cashing in
- Roman Reigns & the Usos vs Drew McIntyre & the Revival
- the Undertaker
Triple H Comments On NXT UK Takeover Scheduled For Same Day As All Out
#NXTUKTakeOver: Cardiff streams LIVE on Saturday, August 31st at 3PM ET / 8PM GT.
We're ready for the takeover. Are you? 🇬🇧 pic.twitter.com/fKgySIbOOV
— WWE (@WWE) June 2, 2019
At Takeover 25 over the weekend, NXT UK TakeOver: Cardiff was announced for August 31st. Triple H commented on the scheduling during his post-event media call.
“I will just say this to everybody in here, contrary to, I’m sure, the buzz, the date of August 31st is a date we have had for a long time,” Triple H said. “That building has been booked with us in Cardiff long before WrestleMania, I think.”
“We just hadn’t announced because it wasn’t the right time,” he continued. “You don’t want to announce something for a brand six months out.”
Tommaso Ciampa Injury Update
HHH also commented on Ciampa being ahead of schedule. His timeline was originally listed as anywhere from 6-14 months, however.
“He’s ahead of schedule and doing extremely well. Ahead of schedule on all of it and moving along. But with the type of injury he had and the type of surgery he had, especially in this from a physicality standpoint, you’re not doing anything until you’re 100 per cent. It’s not like you can go in there and lightly take suplexes. You have to be 100 per cent. So, he’s still got a ways to go, but he’s way ahead of the curve and the schedule.”
Triple H added that “He’ll be back soon, and I’m sure when he does, he’ll be ready to claim his spot.”
Killer Kross Refutes That He Is Unhappy With Impact Wrestling
Recent reports suggested that Killer Kross is unhappy with Impact Wrestling at the moment but Kross himself says that’s not true. He took part in an interview at Starrcast which you can view below or read highlights of.
“I’ve chosen not to talk about it and the reason being is because there are inaccuracies that are in that article,” Kross said. “Quite frankly, I’m very f***ing angry that that article has surfaced and that’s all I’m allowed to say about that. I’m not happy about it.”
PW Insider reported that Kross asked for his release after the two sides were unable to come to terms on a new contract.
“I’ve been very very happy being at Impact Wrestling,” Kross said. “I’ve been very vocal about that over the last year, I’ve been having a blast! I have a lot of freedoms there that probably wouldn’t be afforded anywhere else.”
Brian Cage Reportedly Pulled From Double or Nothing By Impact
PW Insider is reporting that Brian Cage was backstage at Double or Nothing and was going to compete in the Casino Battle Royale. He was only pulled from the match after Impact told him his deal with them prevented him from appearing for AEW.
“Cage was backstage at the PPV and prepared to compete in the match but when Impact Wrestling officials learned he was there, they contacted Cage and informed him he could not appear due to his Impact deal,” the report reads.
Alleged Incident Between Fan and Bully Ray at ROH Show
There was allegedly a fairly bizarre incident at ROH’s State of the Art show last night. A fan in attendance sent out the following on Twitter:
OK story time… I avoided saying anything until the show was over to avoid any further issue but… this honestly soured my to ROH in a big way. Honest to god story that can be backed up by about half a dozen people… https://t.co/8ECk6ewxJ3
— Osh Kosh Big Josh (@xIAMHOLLYWOODx) June 3, 2019
According to the fan’s Twitter account, they got into a thing with the members of Allure and security asked the fan to go backstage where Bully Ray confronted him. This is all detailed in the fans’ Twitter account here.
ROH then said they are investigating and put out the following statement to media:
“ROH has always taken fan-first approach, with fan experience being at the forefront of all of our live events. We consider this to be very serious and will be conducting an internal review over the next 48 hours to determine the appropriate actions.”