54-year-old Sabu was recently announced as part of the main event of Impact Wrestling’s United We Stand event on April 4th. He will also be releasing his autobiography titled Sabu: Scars, Silence, & Superglue next month.
A press release for the book was sent around today. The book will include forwards from Taz and Rob Van Dam and guest passages from numerous ECW and wrestling personalities.
Sabu: Scars, Silence, & Superglue Press Release
SABU: Scars, Silence, & Superglue
AUTHORS: “Sabu” Terry Brunk & Kenny Casanova
PAGES: 400 pages of brutality
PICTURES: Rare shots from ECW Photog George Tahinos
RELEASE DATE: March 2019 PUBLISHER: WOHW Publishers
FOREWORDS: RVD & Taz
GUEST PASSAGES: Bill Alfonso, Tommy Dreamer, Raven, Al Snow, Mikey Whipwreck, Mike Johnson, Justin Credible, Blue Meanie, Don Vega, Mike Johnson, Kevin Sullivan & more!
“I have said it before and will say it again, there would be no “TAZ” without Sabu. I have nothing but the utmost respect for him; both for his great legacy as a wrester and the respect he deserves as the man he is.” – Taz
“Sabu’s autobiography reads like fiction because his story seems so unbelievable, but every word is true! Nephew of the legendary Sheik, a funny intelligent guy who gave more to the business than most ever will, and a man who has both more balls and athleticism than anyone I’ve ever met.” – Raven
ABOUT THE PROJECT:
Kenny Casanova was selected by Sabu to get his story to paper. As a manager from the northeast who played Kim Chee on occasion, Kenny first published Kamala’s book raising almost 60k, after he lost both legs to diabetes. Kenny has since completed autobiographical projects with Brutus Beefcake, Danny Davis, and also a long-awaited one coming from Big Van Vader (4/2019.)
We have two project goals:
1) Print Sabu’s Life Story to offer an autobiography from a man who changed the wrestling business.
2) Create Brand Awareness and merchandise for a man who gave fans many years of his life. (As always with WOHW, the majority of the proceeds directly benefit Sabu!.)
Sabu’s actions always spoke louder than words. After training with his legendary uncle The Sheik and his big break in Japan, Sabu pioneered a new “hardcore wrestling style” on American television in the 90s. Upon his ECW debut, he immediately dazzled fans with an innovative arsenal that included breaking tables, leaping off chairs, and working highly-acrobatic moves into every match. Raising the bar, he changed the game for professional wrestlers everywhere. Discover how his SCARS from barbwire, his SILENCE on the mic, and use of SUPERGLUE for bleeding led him to every major promotion in the world. Read about being shot in the face, his battle with addiction, road stories, ribs, and his crazy rockstar life! …PLUS:
- Growing up and training with The Sheik in the territorial days of wrestling
- Training with student “RVD” Rob Van Dam
- Being considered “The King of Indies”
- SCARS from FMW Barbwire matches
- His SILENCE on the mic
- Brutal use of SUPERGLUE for bleeding
- A tell-all on his substance abuse & demons
- His ECW, WCW, & WWE runs, including heat with certain superstars
- Crazy rockstar-like road stories, ridiculous & horrific wrestler pranks/ribs
ORDER INFORMATION: wohw.com