Destruction in Fukushima
September 10th, 2017
Yuji Nagata & Hirai Kawato defeated Manabu Nakanishi & Shota Umino
Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI defeated Katsuya Kitamura & Tomoyuki Oka
Yujiro Takahashi & Chase Owens defeated Baretta & Jado
Juice Robinson & David Finlay defeated Bad Luck Fale & Leo Tonga
Ryusuke Taguchi, Hiroshi Tanahashi, KUSHIDA, Ricochet & Togi Makabe defeated Takashi Iizuka, Desperado, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Taichi & Taka Michinoku
6. IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship
War Machine (c) (2nd title defense) defeated Guerillas of Destiny (Bullet Club) vs. Killer Elite Squad (Suzuki-Gun)
- War Machine picked up the title defense here. They pinned Tanga Loa for the win.
- This was the 1st of 3 triple threat matches involving these teams scheduled for September. Next match takes place next Saturday (16th) and the following Sunday (24th).
- This was War Machine’s 2nd title defense. The record is 10, held by Karl Anderson and Giant Bernard (Albert/Matt Bloom).
7. Tetsuya Naito & Hiromu Takahashi (LIJ) defeated Will Ospreay & Tomohiro Ishii (CHAOS)
- This match was building up Naito defense of the briefcase against Ishii.
- Naito pinned Ospreay with the Destino.
8. NEVER 6-Man Tag Team Championship
EVIL, Bushi & SANADA (LIJ) (c) (3rd title defense) defeated Rocky Romero, Toru Yano & Kazuchika Okada (CHAOS)
- In addition to being a title match, this was also a preview for Okada vs. Evil at King of Pro Wrestling next month.
- At the end of the match, EVIL hit his STO finish on Okada at the end of the match while Bushi pinned Romero.
- Sanada also wrapped Yano up in the ropes so tightly he couldn’t get out. As Yano has been doing a lot of that to others lately, though so has Sanada.
- With this match, Los InGobernables set the record for the most title defenses ever (3) of the NEVER 6-Man tag titles. The previous record of 2 title defenses had been held by the Elite (Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks).
9. NEVER Openweight Championship
Minoru Suzuki (Suzuki-Gun) (c) (3rd title defense) defeated Michael Elgin
- There was a high degree of shenanigans in this match. There was near constant interference from the members of Suzuki Gun.
- Even the members of Taguchi Japan (Kushida, Tanahashi, Ricochet, Taguchi) weren’t able to stop the faction from costing Elgin the title here.
- This was Suzuki’s 3rd straight title defense. One more and he ties the record for the championship (est.2012)
- At the post-match press conference, he poured a beer on the title belt, I’m not sure why.