The first semi-final of the 2018 New Japan Cup is set. The match itself will take place March 16th and the winner will be entered into the finals of the tournament on the 21st.
On night 5 of the tournament, 2 quarter-final matches took place. Juice Robinson pulled off an upset over Michael Elgin and Hiroshi Tanahashi defeated Bad Luck Fale via count-out.
In the Elgin vs Robinson match, Robinson pulled off the victory over his larger opponent via small package. During the night’s main event, Bad Luck Fale attempted to give Tanahashi the “Bad Luck Fall” on the outside but Tanahashi escaped and Fale toppled over the guardrail. Tanahashi was able to get back in the ring to meet the 20 count but Bad Luck Fale was not. With the loss, all Bullet Club members are now eliminated from the tournament.
New Japan Cup 2018 Results
- Juice Robinson defeated Yujiro Takahashi
- Michael Elgin defeated Tomohiro Ishii
- Bad Luck Fale defeated Lance Archer
- Hiroshi Tanahashi defeated Taichi
- Kota Ibushi defeated YOSHI-HASHI
- Zack Sabre Jr. defeated Tetsuya Naito
- Toru Yano defeated Davey Boy Smith Jr. via count-out
- SANADA defeated Chuckie T
- Juice Robinson defeated Michael Elgin
- Hiroshi Tanahashi defeated Bad Luck Fale
New Japan Cup 2018 Upcoming Matches
- Kota Ibushi vs Zack Sabre Jr. (March 15th)
- Toru Yano vs SANADA (March 15th)
- Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Juice Robinson (March 16th)
- Ibushi/ZSJ vs Yano/Sanada (March 18th)
- Semi-Final Winner A vs Semi-Final Winner B (March 21st)