Cody has been back to the US Patent and Trademark Office again recently. This time he has applied to trademark several WCW PPV names. It should be noted he has not registered these trademarks to AEW but rather to himself under his real name of Cody Runnels.
The newly filed trademarks are for “Battlebowl”, “Bash at the Beach”, “Bunkhouse Stampede”, and “Prince of Wrestling”. We cover his most recent trademark filings in more detail in the video below:
Trademark Mania 2019 Review
Cody Trademark Filings:
- The American Dream (filed March 10th)
- The American Nightmare (filed March 10th)
- Dusty Rhodes (March 14th)
- Bash at the Beach (March 18th)
- BattleBowl (March 18th)
- Bunkhouse Stampede (March 18th)
A few pivotal Dusty Rhodes related PPV names, Starrcade and the Great American Bash, are still trademarked to WWE. War Games was recently sold from MLW to WWE, who had previously been using the term as “WarGames”.
Other Trademark Filings:
- Toot Toot LLC filed to trademark “4 Horsemen” on March 10th
- Arn Anderson filed to trademark Arn Anderson on March 10th as well.
Rey Mysterio Trademarks:
- Prince Mysterio (March 12th)